The Evangelical Covenant Church of Canada, a denomination in Canada and a regional conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church was founded in 1904 in Winnipeg, Manitoba by Swedish immigrants who had a passion for God's Word; for those who did not yet know God personally through Jesus Christ; for gathering to worship and for getting together with one another. For more information on the Evangelical Covenant Church of Canada check out their website – www.covchurch.ca
The first Bible Camp was held on the east side of Minnedosa Lake in July 1919. Covenant Heights Bible Camp that we now know, began on the south shore of Clear Lake, Manitoba in 1951. At that time it was called "The Eastern Missionary Society". There were several churches involved with the camp: Hyas, Norquay, Talmage and Willowbrook in Saskatchewan and Alpine, Minnedosa, Winnipeg and Durban in Manitoba.
A combined kitchen and dining hall was built in 1953. Each year the construction continued and the camp now houses several cabins for campers, guest cabin, modern washrooms with showers, and a chapel.